6/23/2012

Spiga Cafe Restaurant for a late lunch and San Churro for dessert (+late night meal)

So I went for a late lunch with a friend from high school today! It was pouring so we were pretty much stuck in Melbourne Central, which led to this impromptu lunch at Spiga.

My friend ordered a pizza, but I can't recall the name of it, other than that it was something along the lines of Cappricio? Maybe.













I ordered a risotto with mushrooms and dill and shaved Parmesan on top. Loved the salty Parmesan in contrast to the risotto. As for the rice itself, it was okay. I was pretty hungry at that point though, so it didn't really matter lol













Then it stopped raining - thank goodness. So we decided to go for dessert at San Churro.  My friend chose a hot milk chocolate whilst I chose the flat white. Yay for my daily coffee fix!















 My friend's Hot Milk Chocolate which came with marshmallows!





















 Yay for my daily coffee fix :)

















We had the churros for two set, which was really yummy! It was cold outside too, so having something warm was a plus. My friend chose the milk chocolate cup as the dipping sauce for the churros. As for me, of course no hesitation whatsoever- the dark chocolate.










 Here's a close-up of 'my side' lol

















We were on our way back to the station when we saw this rainbow right near the state library! Beautiful :)


After 6-6.5 hrs of work (standing, cooking, serving, cleaning tables etc), the boss treated us to some awesome late night at a Chinese restaurant in Box Hill. We were tired as it was already 12:30am and ordered quite a bit of food including a mixed claypot dish (not pictured), a century and pork congee (not pictured, but absolutely delicious) as well as roasted duck and crispy pork belly.





 I'm sorry let me repeat that. Holy Macarony we had Crispy Pork Belly for late night :D (somebody hit the 'pause' button for my so-called DIET, please) lol













It was definitely a great day spent (eating). Had a great time catching up with my friend as well as work and the late night meal :)

Gotta go to bed now- it's 3:34 am already!

xoxo










No comments:

Post a Comment