6/22/2012

Another day in the life and some Priceline goodies



So it has been raining cats and dogs for the entire day, and as the weather forecast says, it might damn well continue to do so well into next week. Noooooooooo.. I think drizzling rain is refreshing "in moderation" and I do love the smell of the air right before a rainstorm, but that doesn't mean I'm a fan of this perpetual heavy, freezing rain accompanied by gusts of cold wind.

Bueno. Hasta este momento no acaba de llover. Dios mío. ¿Por qué? Porque se dice que seguirá lloviendo hasta la próxima semana. ¡Ay, noooooooo! Por favor, no. A mi me gusta la llovizna y también el olor del aire antes de una tormenta de lluvia. Pero eso no es decir que me fascina esa lluvia perpetua y helada, la cual está casi siempre acompañado por las ráfagas de viento frío.   

I went to Priceline again - they had another sale going on, I just couldn't stop my feet from dragging me in there. But restricted myself and kept things just at AUS 19.95 total. It was tempting to get a whole bunch of stuff for 50 bucks and get a goodie bag with skincare and haircare products in there, but I really don't need to spend $50 on skincare right now. It would probably be better if I were to spend that amount on something I really need, such as a heater. Which I will buy some time this weekend.

Yo fui a Priceline - una farmacia que también tiene productos de belleza y cosas tal - y hubo un "SALE". Esa palabra pequeña pero a la misma vez peligrosa. Peligrosa porque me atrae y entonces hoy no pude para mis pies y entré en la tienda. Compré algunas cosas pero dado que tengo un "make-up ban" tuve que restringirme y gasté un total de 19.95 dólares. ¿Debo sentir orgullosa? Un poquito, pero sería ideal si no hubiese comprado nada. La campaña fue lo siguiente -comprar productos para cuidado de la piel de un total de 50 dólares y recibir una bolsa llena de productos de valor de 220 dólares. Pero es que no tengo tanto dinero de comprar productos de cuidado de la piel. Sería mejor si usara esa misma cantidad de dinero para algo que necesito, como por ejemplo, un calentador.

So with that 19.95...
Entonces, con 19.95 dólares..

Australis Mineral Powder Brush. This was on sale for $2.99. And with good reason, since it sheds like crazy and the bristles were a bit scratchy despite being densely-packed. But because of this "scratchiness", it'd be good to use for picking up powder blushes that are packed or heavily pressed (does that make sense? lol) I would put this on my face only for depositing color, but definitely use a different brush to blend it out.








The handle itself is quite sturdy, easy to hold in general. Just the scratchiness of the bristles is what bugs me.

















Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Hand/Elbow/Feet/Knees Concentrated Cream (Travel-size) for $3.39. I bought this to keep in my handbag, as winter's here and I work in a restaurant, so my hands do get dry patches, especially near my knuckles. This stuff smells amazing!!! I tried it on today and the cocoa smell really does linger for hours. It's a concentrated formula, so a little goes a long way. So far, I've only used it once, so I'm not quite sure how it will perform in the long run, but so far, I am definitely loving it.




Avene Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream for $10.39. I cannot wait to try this. The skin on my cheeks has been acting up with redness and rashes lately, so hopefully this will save the day. I've heard many good things about this brand too, so if this helps with troubled and sensitive skin like mine, I will definitely be re-purchasing again. If it really works, then chances are I might even keep one in my handbag, as I almost always get random redness or rashes that appear out of the blue. I wanted to try a higher-end product which would not be too steep in price, and I still have loads of my usual moisturizer at home, so no need to buy more just yet.



And last but not least,


Softlips Vanilla SPF 20 for $3.19. One can never have too many lip balms, especially in this cold weather. Not to mention the dryness in Australia in general, plus the wind. So I always need a lip balm within reach. I've currently got four - an EOS one (used 75% already), two Burt's Bees ones, and this is my fourth and last for a month or two at least. I bought this one because of the SPF. None of my other ones have SPF, and I spend a lot of time in front of my laptop, so this should hypothetically help protect the lips even more.And because it's vanilla flavor. I do have a weakness for cocoa and vanilla smells. haha.


And that comes to $19.95! Hopefully it was well-spent. We'll have to see ;)


xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment