1/04/2013

Seoul Metro, Lonsdale Melbourne CBD

Back with another food post! This actually composes of two separate visits to Seoul Metro, a Korean restaurant on Lonsdale in Melbourne CBD.

The first visit my friend and I ordered Makkeolli (not quite sure if that's even how it's supposed to be spelled...). It's a milky alcohol which is slightly sweet and goes down very easily even without any food to go along with it.


The alcohol comes in a cold kettle, which I personally thought was cute. The drinking glasses were more round, wide and not as tall as the soju glasses.

For my main meal, I had the Seafood Bibimbpap. The portion perfectly satisfied my craving for this Korean dish, and each of the ingredients mixed in together were yummy. I was glad they didn't use the 'Marinara Mix' stuff with feeble pieces of seafood - here they used squid and scallop pieces mostly. Not bad, but don't expect anything fancy.




As always though - as the dish cools down I often find that it can get bland and I find myself reaching back for more and more of the red Kochujang mix sauce. I was very happy that thy left the sauce bottle on our table, so I don't have to ask for it at least 3 or 4 more times. I think by the end of the meal I had finished a whole 2/3 of the sauce bottle. Oops. The Thai in me needs stronger flavors and seasoning!

Now for the second visit to Seoul Metro, we had Soju.


And to go with that, Budae Jigae (Large)




The large size comes with up to four bowls of rice, but there were only three of us, so we didn't really need the fourth bowl anyway. I liked this dish and wished there was more of it to go around!

Overall, I think Seoul Metro is a good place to fix the Korean food craving and isn't over-priced. It certainly does not boast 'best Korean restaurant in CBD' so don't expect anything fancy or out-of-this-world-delicious. It's simply a nice family-owned, cosy little place :)

No comments:

Post a Comment