1/27/2013

~A mini fashion haul/ retail therapy~

I don't usually post a lot of hauls, simply because I get too excited and then use the products straight away and then eventually get too lazy to feature them on here. This time, I've decided to get off the lazy wagon and share two purchases which I made recently - and by that I mean within the past 48 hours lol

The two items that I've purchased are a pair of black ankle booties and a new handbag. I was cruising and browsing randomly in the shoe section in Kmart - something which one should not do because you may easily come out with a pair which you didn't intend on getting when you entered the store - and came a cross this simple black ankle booties.




Now although it is technically summertime in Australia at the moment, we still get those very random days or weeks of 20C. This is precisely when I want a pair of booties that will work for those grey days in the summer, or even on a sunny day with a pair of shorts or a skirt for an edgy look. This piece will also very easily transition into fall and winter in the next few months. All in all, a piece that I know I will get so much use out of.




The heel is not real wood, but it felt sturdy regardless. The heel adds just a bit of height, but not too high that it will make yo feel uncomfortable to walk on for the whole day. I know I can pop these on in a hurry (the side zipper makes this pair so easy to slip on) and walk out the door looking more 'put-together' without the effort.



The cut of the front of the booties are slightly curved, and not simply just cut straight across, which I personally feel is more flattering on anyone, especially for a chubby girl like myself. :) And the best part? This baby was a mere $19-$20 AUD! Loveeee


Then today I went back to Chaddy again and tried testing the booties out. Turns out they were absolutely comfortable on, especially given that I spent a good 3-4 hours of walking and standing and shopping. I was on the lookout for a new bag that was big enough to fit all of the things I need for uni in, chic/classic without the brand name price tag, and goes with everything in every season. And fell in love with one from Colette.






Ready?





Isn't this beautiful? Now I took the paper stuffing out so the shape's slightly different than the one on display, as it's usually a bit more 'puffy' but I love this! The nude and black colors are classic and can transition into any season. The gold detailing is great and adds a sense of luxury. The latch isn't too flimsy (a problem which I had with my other Colette bag - a review to come soon). The faux snake/crocodile skin makes the nude not too boring. The size is not too big, not too small for me. 



It also comes with a large strap so you have the option of hanging the bag across your body with the strap.

The lining on the inside was pretty well-made, and there were partitions or dividers inside the bag, which makes it easier to find things and be organised.



Here's the back - 





I'm seriously loving this bag! It was $49.95 AUD, which isn't cheap but nor was it unbelievably expensive. (Sorry for the clutter in the background - I'm currently re-organising my room).

Once I actually use it, I might do a full review of how it performs in real life. For now though, I'm very happy with both of the purchases I made.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment