11/11/2012

Taste Baguette @ Monash Clayton

Just after exams were done - and I really mean within 1 hr of having finished all exams, myself and my classmates decided to go try a new Cafe called 'Taste Baguette' located on the main floor of the Menzies Building on Clayton Campus. Our exam was finished at 1 pm so we planned a late lunch.

The atmosphere of the place is nice, and so was the decor, but nothing that stands out from all the other cafes/ restaurants in Melbourne.

There were numerous items on the lunch menu that ranged between $10-$24. I decided to give the Beef Carpaccio with Rocket Salad, Parmesan (I think?), and Truffle Oil a try:


Beef Carpaccio with Rocket Salad, Parmesan and Truffle Oil, $18

At $18 a plate, it wasn't bad. I love Beef Carpaccio anyway, so I am a bit biased in that sense. The combination is a classic, so you can't go wrong with it. Having said that, the only thing which bugged me was the 'truffle oil'. To be exact, I was not able to detect 'truffle' in there at all. The dressing that was used tasted more like olive oil than truffle oil. So in that respect, I was disappointed. But if you're looking for something light and don't want that strong of a truffle scent/taste, then this dish will do just fine.

My friend and I decided to share a side order of chips as well, and this is where I was left more disappointed.

Chips (approx $5 or $7)

We were given a bowl of shoestring fries that were piping hot and moderately salted. Don't get me wrong - this is yummy. But it's just that to me, this wasn't all that different from other chain fast food places where fries cost less than $4 for a large portion.

Am I being picky? Well, maybe. Overall though, it was an okay experience. The verdict? I'd say considering the price, the location and the portion, I'd say

3/5.

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment