11/26/2012

Another Two Visits to Pappa Rich

Back with yet another food post - will get the haul posts up this week for sure - but in the meantime, more nom nom things :)

I have made two visits to Pappa Rich in the last three weeks' time - each visit ordering two similar dishes to compare. First I tried their Hainan Chicken with Rice Noodles.

Rice Noodles in Dark Soy Sauce (Sweet Type)


The noodles were cooked a tad bit too soft for my liking, which made it rather difficult to eat with the plastic chopsticks. I actually had to stop eating half way through and use fork and spoon instead lol The noodles were sitting on top of a dark sweet soy sauce base and topped with deep fried garlic and fresh chilli. Loved it!

It came with this Hainan Chicken - 

Hainan Chicken in light soy sauce

The chicken pieces were very moist and flavorful, which went really well with the sweet light soy sauce around it. Underneath you'll find thin slices of cucumber, which helps cut through the fat from the chicken skin (though that's the best part lol) and freshen up the palate. This reminds me of the chicken rice in Singapore!

A few days later I ordered Steamed Chicken + Egg Noodles (same Chicken dish, but different noodles this time)

 

This time the egg noodles came in the same sauce and topping, though with the addition of the steamed greens and curry sauce. Personally, I did not think that the curry sauce went with anything seen in the above picture. It just didn't work for me and was taking away from the rest of the dish(es). Other than that, this was delicious. Can't decide which of the two I prefer, to be honest. A two thumbs up for both of these!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment