11/26/2012

Review + Swatches Rimmel Match Perfection Blush in Light vs. Essence Silky Touch Blush in Babydoll

In this post we'll be comparing the Rimmel Match Perfection Blush in Light and Essence Silky Touch Blush in Babydoll!

*Photos were taken from my iPhone at 2am Melbourne time - will update with photos with different lighting when I have time.

The Rimmel Match Perfection Blush comes in three different colors - I happen to like the one in Light the most, as it seems like a very natural, everyday color.




The packaging is a twist-cap plastic. It's nothing fancy, but that means that it may be a bit more difficult to travel with. 



I talked about this blush a while back in one of my beauty hauls, and I am still loving it! If I have time, I'll use the darkest color to contour my cheekbones a bit, then the pink or peach for the apples of the cheeks. As I'm always running late, I usually just either pick one color to use all over my cheeks, or swirl everything together.

Left: Rimmel Match Perfection in Light

Pigmentation - The blush gives me a pretty, subtle wash of color.It is rather sheer - which is great for when I'm in a hurry (all the time lol)

Texture - The color contains some small shimmers, but on the cheeks, it still looks very natural. It can be a bit powdery sometimes, but still good nonetheless.

Affordability/Price - It's very affordable plus you get 15g of product!    

Longevity, this blush does pretty well on my oily skin, so I would definitely recommend this blush ;)

Now onto the Essence Silky Touch Blush in 20 Babydoll



This blush is a clear plastic and is more compact than the Rimmel one pictured above. 



Color + Pigmentation - It's a watermelon - corally shade with lots of gold shimmers. Very pretty, especially for nighttime. Great pigmentation, and given the shimmers it has, it requires a more careful application. Too bad the pictures don't do the gold shimmers justice at all.

Texture - very silky. For once, the stuff promised on the packaging is true!

Affordability - again, excellent quality for the price. 

Left - Rimmel Match Perfection Blush in Light//Right - Essence Silky Touch Blush in 20 Babydoll

Longevity - The color stays on pretty well on my cheeks, but be warned - the shimmers will slip and go pretty much everywhere on your face after a few hours. The dispersed shimmers give you a 'glowy skin' effect like that seen from certain brightening BB creams or foundations. 

All in all, I do like both blushes for different occasions and would recommend both!

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment