8/25/2012

A little Priceline/Gloss Haul (Bourjois, Rimmel, V05, Sally Hansen)

Thanks to Jodi from GooRoo Beauty -
(she's a gorgeous beauty blogger and youtuber from Australia - one of my absolute favorites! <3 You can find her blog here: http://www.gooroobeauty.net/)

I found out about a bourjois offer online that gets you $10 off of any bourjois purchase at Priceline! You can just go to www.bourjoisoffer.com.au and you will receive a barcode and numbers. Just show this number (I showed mine from my iPhone) to the person at the cashier and receive your $10 discount :) This offer is valid until AUG 31st.

As usual, a "quick stop" by Priceline for "just one product" never works. I ended up getting two other products hehe. Here's an overview of all the things I got (Priceline + Gloss)


An overview of the items from the little shopping spree!




With the $10 discount, I decided to jump on this opportunity to get the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation that has so many people have raved about!  I wasn't sure about how to match my color, so the lady in Priceline helped me pick out one, and she recommended me the shade 52 - Vanilla.

I do not own any foundations because it feels uncomfortable on my skin. I have sensitive skin that sways between the two extremes of being very dry and then at times very oily. My dermatologist told me once that I had oily skin, but it gets dehydrated very easily.

For this occasion I specifically wanted a foundation or BB cream with NO SPF because I wanted to wear it during night time when I go out, as anything with spf will flash back when photos are taken. Not to mention it makes my face glow weirdly in certain club lighting (I've had parts of my face glow in the dark before, and trust me, you don't want that -__-') With this foundation, I would still be able to put on my sunscreen underneath for day time wear as well. Yay for doubling up!


Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in shade 52 Vanilla

I tried this foundation on my skin in the store and fell in love with the finish. It was not overly matte nor dewy. It had the right amount of glow without making me look oily. The texture was nice as well, not overly runny nor thick. It felt comfortable to wear on the skin. I have yet to wear it for a whole day so I can't comment on the longevity of the product (though the 16-hr claim is unlikely), but so far, yes, it is simply a beautiful product.  Love this!


V05 Hot Oil Treatment


With the harsh winds from winter and constant hot showers, my hair has been getting more and more dry. I wanted to get a hair treatment that is budget-friendly (this one was around $5-$6) and one that I can use perhaps once or twice a week. This little set came with 4 tubes, and one tube is more than enough to thoroughly coat my long hair. I Probably won't be using it any more often than that, as it is very rich and I don't want my hair to get too oily. I tried it yesterday and so far, with just one use, I definitely feel the difference! My hair felt more smooth and soft, so again, LOVE LOVE LOVE. If next week the results are the same, this would no doubt be my holy grail hair treatment product.


Rimmel Match Perfection Blush in Light

There was a 20% off the entire range of products for Rimmel @ Priceline, so I couldn't resist. This blush was absolutely beautiful. It's a perfect everyday neutral beige-pinky-peachy shade shows up more peachy on my yellow skin tone. For approx. $11 for 15g (!!) of product, this is a great deal. I use this with my Eco Tools Buffing Brush and it works wonderfully! Here's another picture of the product which I edited - just so you can see the imprinted design on the product more clearly.


Will you look at the beautiful design pressed onto the blush? So cute!! The packaging is just like the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder line. There are two other colors - Medium and Dark. I am considering going back to Priceline to see the other colors since I love this one so much.
(Better save money? lol) Anyhoos. LOVE LOVE LOVE this.

And lastly, my nails have been peeling like crazy, so I wanted to try a Sally Hansen Nail treatment. I love nail polish, but I also work in a restaurant, so my hands and nails really suffer from that. (Think detergents, cooking, handling food, etc. etc.) I found this one at Gloss for approx. $5, which wasn't bad at all. So I decided to give it a try.

Sally Hansen Marine Extract Nail Treatment

I have been using this for maybe two days now, and to be honest, so far it is actually kind of working! I'm quite surprised. My thumb nail was peeling so I put on two layers of this product before I go to bed. Now the nail looks more moisturized and the peels are smoother. I'll give it the full 5 days to compare with the claims on the package, but so far, again this is a good product.

It appears I got really lucky this round, since I am loving all of the items I bought in this haul so far! Yayyyyyy

That's all for now! Thanks for stopping by ^___^

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment