12/27/2011

Goong - Korean Franchise Restaurant

So the other week my family and I happened to stop by the mall and seen before - not necessarily that it has recently opened lol. We knew it wasn't going to be the authentic Korean meal like in K-village or at other stores owned by Koreans. We were basically just curious. (Sometimes, curiosity leads to a pleasant surprise - try it some time - especially when it comes to experimenting with food!)

We ordered numerous dishes, but the Doekbokki with Chicken and topped with melted cheese was what was most satisfying for me.

Chicken Doekbokki with Cheese
It was served on a hot plate, which was rather nice, because I believe it to be best when it's hot. I actually liked the cheese on top, since it helped to cool down the spiciness from the red Gochujang sauce that was liberally coating everything else on there - Chicken pieces, Dok (cylindrical rice cakes), tomatoes and carrots.

Again, for quickly satisfying a craving, this does well. But if I'm looking for something more authentic, I'd try some place else. [Or make it at home - I used to make this when my bf and I were in Canada, and it was definitely yummy, especially in the winter when you need the warmth!]

Overall - 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment