1/25/2012

NYX Round Lipgloss

I've had these three glosses for a long time now and have always procrastinated (as usual) writing a blog post about them :P But I'm finally getting around to blogging more, now that I've finished work and am in the process of preparing and packing for Australia!

Sorry for the fuzziness - my hand was shaking while taking photos from my iPhone lol

Here they are :)


The three glosses that I have from the Round Lip Gloss range are: Ballerina Pink, Peach and Whipped.


The colors shown in the picture above in the tubes are pretty true to color in real life, actually.

Here are the swatches:

Ballerina Pink (Right) is a medium pink with a pearly sheen/small shimmers
Peach (Middle) is a coral color with a red undertone with lots of glitter
Whipped is a nude pink beige color with a pearly sheen/small shimmers

The color pay-off is actually quite nice! 2 layers were swatched on my wrist. The glosses felt pretty sticky when first applied on my lips, but after using my fingertip to just blend the color out a bit and leaving it to set for about 30 seconds, I was a happy camper ^__^

The only downside - which I really don't like, is the smell. It literally smells like "Lemon Sunlight" - the dish-washing detergent. Yuck :(  It gets better after a while - or alternatively I just got used to it a bit more, so it was bearable. Still off-putting overall though.

Overall Score: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment